Farm Gate Auctions Pty. Ltd. (data controller) (ABN: 50 604 541 433) (“we” / “our” / “us”) takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
‘Personal Information’ has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act). In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses). If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information.
Personal Information we collect from you
We collect Personal Information when you provide it to us. This includes when you:
- fill out a form on the Platform;
- register or subscribe to use the Platform;
- report a problem with the Platform;
- sign up to receive marketing communications from us about the products and/or services we offer;
- you provide us with feedback, opinions and / or comments regarding the Platform;
- you transmit or upload content including, but not limited to photographs, videos and supporting documents to the Platform;
- contact or correspond with us (for example, by phone, e-mail or otherwise) for any other reason (for example, to request further services from us).
Data we collect about you. We will automatically collect the following
- when you use the Platform, details of your usage (including the date, time, location or duration of the usage);
- if you visit the Platform, certain technical information, for example, the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access the Platform, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, mobile network information and platform;
- and information about your visit to the Platform including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Platform (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
How we use your Personal Information
We collect your personal information in order for us to:
- provide you with the services accessible through the Platform
- verify your identity when you sign in to the Platform
- respond to support requests and help facilitate the resolution of any disputes
- customise our services for a more personalised experience
- provide you with information that you request from us, or where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services we think might interest you
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Platform
- provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with selected third parties in accordance with this policy, including:
- public specific documents that may contain personal information about you (e.g. Cattle Health Declaration)
- service providers (for example, IT services), business partners, suppliers
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Platform.
- social media platforms such as Facebook for marketing purposes where your information will be encrypted in order to protect you.
- government or other law enforcement agencies, in connection with the investigation of unlawful activities or for other legal reasons (this may include your location information)
Storage of Personal Information
We hold all of your Personal Information in secure computer storage facilities and in paper-based files. In relation to our computer storage facilities, we apply the following guidelines:
- passwords are routinely checked;
- the system automatically logs and reviews all external unauthorised access attempts;
- all personal computers which contain personal information are secured, physically and electronically;
- data is encrypted during transmission over external networks;
- print reporting of data containing personal information is limited.
We recognise how important the security of your Personal Information is to you. We will at all times seek to ensure that the Personal Information we collect and hold is protected from interference, misuse or loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
To enable us to meet our obligations under the Act and to ensure the operation of the Platform, we may need to allow our authorised employees and contractors to access your Personal Information. The employees and contractors are required by contract and policies to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your Personal Information, please let us know immediately.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We will use appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Personal Information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We maintain (and ensure that anyone we share your Personal Information with maintains) appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that an appropriate level of security in respect of all Personal Information we process. Unfortunately the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or inadvertent disclosure.
Access and correction to your information
We will take reasonable steps to provide you with access to your Personal Information.
We will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information if we are satisfied that it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. If we have provided your Personal Information to third parties we will also notify them of the correction if you ask us to do so, unless it is impracticable or unlawful.
Requests to access and correct your information should be made by email, post or phone using the details provided under the ‘Contact Us’ section of the Platform. Note that we will need to verify your identity before processing your request. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 30 days.
If we do not agree with your request to access or correct your information, we will provide you with written reasons for our decision and available complaint mechanisms.
FarmGate Auctions – Community Standards – Social Media
FarmGate Auctions strives to streamline the way livestock is bought and sold online using mobile first technology.
We love hearing from you and encourage comments, critiques, questions and suggestions. We will do our best to talk candidly about the topics that are important to you, listen to feedback, answer your questions and be transparent about sharing information.
If you post to our social media channel, or comment on one of our posts you are agreeing to abide by these Community Guidelines. We ask that you stay on topic, respect other people’s opinions, avoid profanity, offensive statements, illegal content and anything else that might otherwise violate our standard terms and conditions.
Please understand that we reserve the right to delete comments for any reason we deem inappropriate, including the below categories;
- Abusive, defamatory or obscene
- Repeating / spreading of fraudulent, deceptive or misleading information from non-credible sources
- Misinformed, inflammatory, emotional over-generalisations
- Trolls attempting to incite anger, shame or outrage
- Non-constructive criticism
- In violation of any law or regulation
- Otherwise offensive
If you don’t feel that you can abide by our Community Guidelines as outlined above and no longer wish to “Like” the FarmGate Auctions page, please feel free to remove yourself by clicking the “Unlike” button located on the left-hand side of the page.
Updates to this policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, and changes to our operations and the business environment.
If you continue to use our Platform after the changes are made, then you will be agreeing to the changes.
Published: August 2018